12th NanoTrust Conference
The use of advance materials or products creates "emerging issues" that research, industry and authorities have to deal with. Experience from nanotechnology, for example from the established NanoTrust project, provides approaches to how risks and uncertainties can be handled in the context of new or modified materials with unique or improved functionalities. The extension of security research and risk governance in the field of nanomaterials to advance materials will be discussed at this conference, and national expertise and the international community will benefit.
Objectives of the event
- Development of a corresponding community for advanced materials in the German-speaking area
- Exchange of knowledge and experience on possible opportunities and risks of advanced materials
- Specify research, action and regulation requirements
- Initiate dialogue between various interest groups (research, industry, authorities, media, consumer protection, environmental protection)
- Formation of an independent platform for public discourse on the subject of "new materials and products"
- Creation of suitable processes for assessing the risks and opportunities of new materials
NanoCommons aims to interact with the audience regarding Advance Materials and NanoGovernance and will illustrate the available "e-infrastructure" for NanoGovernance as well as for governance of safety aspects in the emerging area of advanced materials.
Therefore is NanoCommons active in the conference with a shot presentation "Was bietet die „NanoCommons e-infrastructure“-Plattform für Governance von Nano- bzw. Advanced Materials" ("What does the NanoCommons e-infrastructure offers for Governance and/or nano- and advance materials").
Resources & Training materials
Presentation in German.
Original title: "Was bietet die "NanoCommons e-infrastructure"-Plattform für Governance von Nano- bzw. Advanced Materials"